To assist the Financial Controller with collating and providing high quality financial and non-
financial decision-making information to Senior Management. To provide administrative
support to the Finance Department ensuring all policies and processes are adhered to. To
work with the entire commercial team to determine competitive pricing strategies in order to
gain market shares and achieve revenue goals.
- Collaborate with Sales, NPD, Procurement and Finance team to develop pricing strategies that are competitive and profitable within the current market.
- Review and maintain costing model, updating products and costs.
- Create time lines to track all price changes.
- Analyse organisational data and assess all prime costs, overheads and net margin.
- Review all customer agreed prices on a quarterly basis.
- Review promotional pricing.
- Customer profitability reporting
- Compare contribution analysis derived from the costing model against the reported financial statements
- Ensuring recorded labour costs are in line with the costing model
- Track and make preparations for customer tenders
- Asses data from a variety of sources to gain insights into market trends, competitors prices and RRP
- Producing and presenting pricing to Directors
- Track low volume lines and recommend delists to Directors and Sales and Finance team
- Buy versus lease analysis
- Payback analysis
- Collaborate and work as part of a team on various efficiency cost saving projects.
- Make timely, effective decisions at a level appropriate to the role, using all of the information available, seeking advice when necessary, and using initiative to diagnose and overcome issues
- Bring ideas and suggestions about workplace improvements
- Support and co-operate with any related changes identified and implement these changes within the Department or as appropriate
- Identifying own job-related training and development needs, raising these needs through the appropriate channels by speaking to their Line Manager or through Performance Appraisals or Personal Development Plans.
As and when considered necessary or appropriate, the post-holder must be prepared to transfer to or undertake other duties in order to meet fluctuations or priorities in work demands at their immediate Manager’s discretion within reason and competence. This job description may be subject to change in accordance with changing customer requirements or business needs. The post-holder is expected to co-operate with such changes to support the continued success of the business.
- Over 2 years experience in working in similar costing role
- Finance/Business related degree or accountancy qualifications that fit the role
- Excel – Proficiency in Excel formulas and functions, knowledge of pivot table analysis
- Excellent ability to analyse complex information
- Strong communicator
- Ability to produce high level reporting to Directors
- Excellent organisational skills
- Accuracy – strong attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable to change