To to work under the guidance of the Technical / Quality Manager to support the team in
maintaining the quality management system and meeting customer requirements.
- Aiding in ensuring Internal Quality Systems are kept up to date
- Helping ensure Internal Audits are up to date and on file (Glass audits, GMP, fabrications
- Assisting with HACCP reviews and verifications
- Helping to ensure product lists and schedules are kept up to date (Micro, shelf life,
- Ensuring that all Raw Material, Product and Customer specifications are met
- Confirming that all necessary records are maintained accurately
- Review and verification of completed relevant documents associated with the quality
management system and management of Document Control
- Ensure Quality of product is upheld and GMP practices carried out according to
- Conferring with others to co-ordinate operations and activities within or between
departments, and also to raise and resolve problems, seeking and providing information
and feedback whenever necessary
- Maintaining accurate and adequate records as appropriate, both manual and / or
computerised, collating data, preparing reports and presenting information as
- Working closely with colleagues from various teams to ensure products meet with
retailers, food service & food manufacturer’s requirements
- Make timely, effective decisions, at a level appropriate to the role, using all of the
information available, seeking advice as necessary, and using initiative to diagnose and
- Bring ideas and suggestions about workplace improvements
- Support and co-operate with any related changes identified and implement these
changes within the Department or as appropriate
- Identifying own job-related training and development needs, raising these needs through
the appropriate channels by speaking to their Line Manager or through Performance
Appraisals or Personal Development Plans.
As and when considered necessary or appropriate the post-holder must be prepared to transfer to or undertake other duties in order to meet fluctuations or priorities in work demands at their immediate Manager’s discretion within reason and competence. This job description may be subject to change in accordance with changing customer
requirements or business needs. The post-holder is expected to co-operate with such
changes to support the continued success of the business.
- HND/Foundation Degree/Degree in either Food Safety, HACCP or Internal Auditing
(preferred, not essential)
- 3 years Technical experience
- Relevant processing experiences e.g. cook chill/fresh produce etc.